How to cross washer and dryer connections to protect against doorway collision + why we enjoy our Samsung established to make us extra productive in tackling our laundry pile.
This article is sponsored by Samsung Appliances.
Insert this to the prolonged list of projects we intended to do for months and wondered WHY in the earth it took us so very long after we basically designed it materialize.
You know all of those “As Observed on TV” commercials that display someone in black and white having difficulties with a #firstworldproblem?
Image me for two stable a long time of dancing about these washer and dryer doorways each individual time I had to move a load of outfits from the washer to the dryer mainly because all this time I believed, “Well, this is an previous house. The washer and dryer connections are backwards, and this is just the way it has to be.”
When we first moved in, I required a entrance load washer and dryer since I like acquiring the means to use the best as a folding desk of sorts. So we obtained this Samsung Energy Star dryer and this Samsung AddWash Superior Effectiveness washer, which we’ve beloved at any time because.
The largest motive I required the washer was for the reason that of the small hatch in the entrance that will allow me to insert any renegade socks and dish towels at the final minute after starting up the wash. (I blame mother brain… or Nargles.)
But for the reason that that extravagant minimal hatch has a refined locking process, I could not just change the doors to swing in the opposite instructions to avert door collision.
And then it dawned on Robert and me one night in the midst of combating with them that we could just swap the washer and dryer and cross their connectors.
Oddly sufficient, I couldn’t obtain any info out there for how to do this other than a bunch of contractor forums expressing they do it “all the time”. So if you have the exact wrestle, I hope this allows. And whilst you’re at it, it is a very good idea to clean up out your dryer vent for safety.
How to Cross Washer and Dryer Connectors:
1. Make guaranteed your washer and dryer are not working (goes without declaring, I know).
2. Pull your dryer away from the wall. (The dryer is lighter, so it’s easier to shift than the washer.)
2. Detach the dryer vent duct from the wall and the dryer by itself. (If your duct is shorter than 4-5 toes, you may well need to have a more time one to cross your connectors.)
3. Vacuum any lint and dust out of the duct, the back again of the dryer, and the wall vent.
4. Then shimmy that washer more than to where by the dryer utilized to sit. There’s no want to disconnect the washer hoses from the wall. (See previously mentioned: My goofy handyman at function, y’all.)
5. Reposition your hoses so that there are no kinks to permit water to stream simply.
6. Move the dryer into the washer’s old location and reposition the duct so that there are no kinks there both.
Ta da! In about 30 minutes, it was all set.
You have no concept how joyful I am that I don’t have to dance all over individuals doorways banging alongside one another any longer.
And I get to retain my fancy small #mombrain hatch. Ha!
If you want to see how we gave this laundry place a spending plan refresh a pair of several years back, you can see all of the makeover particulars listed here.
I even now can not get around it.
If existence calls for that you do laundry, it allows to do it in a house that will make you delighted, appropriate? ?
If you want to save this write-up for later on, you can pin it in this article: